You might have noticed that my posting has been sparse lately, and with good reason. For the last six weeks, my partner and I have been working on a new interface for our site. With our collective background in design and coding, we decided to handle the task ourselves. Right about the time the latest Google update significant increased our rankings and generated a surge in new business (nice problem to have, right?). Needless to say, redoing our humble little site turned out to be a big deal for us.
Today, after all the hard work that both Melanie and I put into the site, we’ve launched version 2 of resume-express.com. Here’s some of the highlights:
- New logo and color palette to reflect our growing corporate brand
- Modern design (as opposed to the 2005 era design of the previous version)
- Easier readability (no more 11px font size and lines jammed together)
- More targeted content to help job seekers find exactly the information they are looking for
- An expanded partners section in anticipation of some new things we’ve got cooking
We hope you’ll take a look around the site, and let us know your thoughts here, or on Twitter. Don’t worry – if it flops, we made a backup of the old site.